Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lets See What's Behind Door #2


On March 24th I had the bankart procedure done to my right shoulder. Let's just say that this has been a pain in my ass. For the past eight and a half weeks it's been like I have been stuck in a worm hole living each day over and over again. Besides the pain that I have been enduring, I have been battling depression. I don't know if who ever is reading this has ever had to deal with depression but it is unbearable at times.
I have my good days and I have my bad one's. The bad day's, I don't feel like getting out of bed and let's just say I don't feel self worth. I wouldn't have the thought's of offing myself but I felt a time's that my wife and kids were better off with out me. For the past 5 weeks I have been getting help with my battle. Since then, I see myself and my life in a whole new way. I recently started my physical therapy for my shoulder and I'm progressing very well with that.
In about two weeks I am able to return to work and start contributing in the financial side of things. I am very proud to say I'm getting help with my personal demons. The first part of dealing with this is acceptance and I accept what my problems are. To anyone who reads this and judges me, just think, at least I'm not afraid to get help.

1 comment:

  1. you make me so proud to call you my husband. Though the last 7 months have had a lot of strain, it is amazing to see how much growth and beauty have come out it. You are one amazing person...Addison and Baylor think so too!!!

    ReplyDelete